three Nut Chocolate Mocha PieFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- FILLING shopping list
- 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell * shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup dark corn syrup shopping list
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup shopping list
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted shopping list
- 3 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur (such as Kahlua Brand liqueur) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans shopping list
- 1 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts shopping list
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-sweet chocolate Mini Morsels shopping list
- chocolate SAUCE shopping list
- 1 cup (6 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-sweet chocolate Mini Morsels shopping list
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur shopping list
- sweetened whipped cream shopping list
- whole pecans, walnuts and macadamia nuts shopping list
How to make it
- FOR FILLING:
- PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
- BEAT eggs lightly in large bowl. Stir in brown sugar, dark and light corn syrups, butter, liqueur and vanilla extract. Stir in walnuts, pecans, macadamias and 1/2 cup morsels. Spoon into pie shell.
- BAKE for 35 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F.; bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack.
- FOR CHOCOLATE SAUCE:
- PLACE 1 cup morsels and cream in uncovered, medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15- second intervals, stirring until smooth. Stir in liqueur. Cool to room temperature.
- TO SERVE:
- PIPE rosettes or dollop whipped cream around side of pie. Place alternating whole nuts in centers of rosettes or dollops. Cut pie into slices. Drizzle about 1 tablespoon chocolate sauce onto plate in zigzag pattern. Top with slice of pie. Drizzle chocolate sauce in zigzag pattern over top of pie.
- * If using frozen pie shell, use deep-dish style, thawed completely. Bake on baking sheet; increase baking time slightly.
- nestle toll house recipe
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating8 people
I love mocha in any form. My family will love this. Thanks.tablescape in loved it
YUMMY!!! high 5!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
Thanks Peeta - this sounds wonderfully delicious!jett2whit in Union City loved it