Risotto with Dried MushroomsFrom terryr 7 years ago
- 6-8 cups of chicken broth shopping list
- 1 oz. dried wild Italian mushrooms, or 1/4 lb. fresh mushrooms , thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 cup of warm water, if using dried mushrooms shopping list
- 5 tablespoons of butter shopping list
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups of aborio rice shopping list
- 3/4 cup of dry white wine shopping list
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare chicken broth, if you use homemade. If using dried mushrooms, soak in warm water for 20 minutes. Drain mushrooms, reserving liquid. Rinse mushrooms under cold running water. Squeeze to remove as much liquid as possible.
- If using fresh mushrooms, saute in 2 tablespoons butter until golden; set aside. Heat broth in medium saucepan. Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large saucepan. When butter foams , add onion. Saute over medium heat until pale yellow. Add rice and mix well. When rice is coated with butter, add wine. Cook, stirring constantly, until wine has evaporated. Add drained dried mushrooms and reserved mushroom liquid. Stir in 1 or 2 ladles of the broth, or enough to cover the rice. Stir over medium heat until broth has been absorbed. Continue cooking and stirring rice, adding broth a little(1/2 cup) at a time until rice is done, 15 to 20 minutes. Rice should be tender, but firm to the bite. Stir in the Parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon butter and the sauteed mushrooms, if using. Season with salt. Place in a warm dish and serve immediately. Makes 6 servings.
- Note- I like more butter and cheese for a really rich version. Enjoy!!
The Cookterryr Henderson, NV
The Rating4 people
Luv risotto, & this sounds delish. Thank you for sharing the recipe.californiacook in loved it
great post Terry...five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Lovely risotto recipe Terry! Can't wait to try it!
Valerievalinkenmore in Malott loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!