Pork Chops Ole - Diabetic FriendlyFrom spinach1948 6 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops ( 5-oz each ) shopping list
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. salt-free seasoning blend shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. pepper shopping list
- ¾ cup uncooked long grain rice shopping list
- 1 ½ cups water shopping list
- 1 can ( 8-oz ) tomato sauce shopping list
- ½ envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning ( 2 tablespoons ) shopping list
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped shopping list
- ½ cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven at 350.
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil; sprinkle with seasoning blend and pepper. Meanwhile, in a greased 13-inch x 9-inch baking dish, combine rice, water, tomato sauce and taco seasoning; mix well. Arrange chops over rice; top with green pepper. Cover and bake at 350 for 1 ½ hours. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese; return to oven until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
- Nutrition Values: Serving size: 1 chop, Calories per serving: 273, Fat: 9g, Cholesterol: 58mg, Sodium: 324mg, Carbohydrate: 23g, Fiber: 1g, Protein: 23g
- Diabetic Exchanges: 2 ½ lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, and ½ fat.
- NOTE: This recipe is Diabetic Friendly, Gastric Bypass Friendly, and for anyone.
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating6 people
YES! I will be making this:) HIGH FIVE FORKS!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
Would love this, thanks for sharing, you have my 5 forks also. Great post.henrie in Savannah loved it
Very good againhungrybear in Miner loved it
MEXICAN FOOD425 members
Family Favourites134 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
Diabetic And Or Lowcarb122 members
Pork To Go97 members
101 A Diabetic Low Carb Place158 members
Southern Sassyness71 members
Rice Rice And More Rice60 members
Rice This Way Folks124 members
Anything Rice16 members