ORANGE CHICKEN KIEVFrom spinach1948 7 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- ½ cup butter, softened shopping list
- 2 Tbs. chives minced shopping list
- 2 tsp. Minced fresh parsley shopping list
- ¼ tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves ( 6-oz each ) shopping list
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- ¼ cup orange juice shopping list
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs shopping list
- ½ tsp grated orange peel shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven at 375.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, chives, parsley, salt and pepper. Shape into 6-inch x 2-inch rectangles; place on waxed paper. Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Flatten chicken to ¼ -inch thickness. Cut butter mixture into six strips; place one strip in the center of each chicken breast half. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with a toothpick.
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl. In another bowl, beat egg and orange juice. In a third bowl, combine bread crumbs and orange peel. Coat chicken with flour, dip in egg mixture, then roll in crumb mixture. Place in a greased 13-inch x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 for 35 – 40 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Discard toothpicks.
- Serving size: 1 piece
- Nutrition Values: Calories per serving: 272, Fat: 18g, Cholesterol: 92mg, Sodium: 433mg, Carbohydrate: 18g, Fiber: 1g, Protein: 10g
- Note: This is Diabetic Friendly, Gastric Bypass friendly, and for anyone.
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating5 people
I like the addition of orange juice. Nice twist on a classic dish. Thanks for sharing. :)californiacook in loved it
This dose sound good.sandygalesmith in Saint Joseph loved it
Hello :) Just about ready for the Turkey Day happenings:) A whole week with da' family whoowhoo! Well, ... HIGH FIVE FORKS!!! This looks really grat!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
Everyday Chefs68 members
Christmas All Year183 members
Family Favourites134 members
101 A Diabetic Low Carb Place159 members
Chicken Please145 members
Diabetic Friendly Recipes43 members
Chicken Little167 members
Its Party Time97 members
Quick And Easy26 members