Green Bean CasseroleFrom tuilelaith 5 years ago
- 1 pound green beans, ends trimmed shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves shopping list
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/3 cup brandy or cognac shopping list
- 1/3 cup red wine shopping list
- 1/3 cup chicken broth shopping list
- * fried onions, (recipe is also out here) shopping list
How to make it
- Cook green beans in boiling salted water until tender, about 3 or 4 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and cook until browned, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and thyme.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Cook until garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add brandy or cognac, red wine and chicken broth, bring to a boil.
- Simmer to blend flavors and reduce sauce, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add green beans to mushroom sauce and toss to coat.
- Place on a large serving dish, season again with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Top with fried onions before serving.