Puerto Rican Lime Meringue PieFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 1 9-inch (22 cm) pie crust, your favorite recipe or packaged shopping list
- For the filling: shopping list
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) cornstarch (cornflour) shopping list
- 4 egg yolks (reserve the white for the meringue) shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups (675 ml) water shopping list
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh lime juice shopping list
- 2 cups (500 ml) sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt shopping list
- 4 Tbs (60 ml) butter shopping list
- For the meringue: shopping list
- 4 egg whites shopping list
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) baking powder shopping list
- 1 cup (250 ml) sugar shopping list
- 1 Tbs (15 ml) fresh lime juice shopping list
How to make it
- Bake the pie crust in a preheated 350F (180C) oven for about 30 minutes, or according to the package directions, until light golden brown.
- Cool and set aside.
- Combine the cornstarch and 1 cup (250 ml) of the water in a saucepan and whisk until combined.
- Add the remaining water and filling ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until thick and boiling.
- Pour into the baked pie shell.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Add the remaining meringue ingredients, beating until thoroughly combined.
- Top the pie filling with the egg white mixture, spreading it just to the edge of the pie crust.
- Bake in a preheated 350F (180C) oven for about 15 minutes, until light golden brown.
- Overcooking will cause the meringue to crack when serving.
- Cool and refrigerate before serving.
- Makes one 9-inch pie to serve 6 to 8.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating6 people
I love pie!!!!fishtrippin in Estelline loved it
different luv addition of lime juce high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Sound goodhungrybear in Miner loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
A Slice Of Pie126 members
Spanish And Hispanic Food142 members
Sweet Suite159 members
Dairy Preparations8 members
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members
Pie Lovers Of The World106 members
Pie In The Sky36 members
Pies Pies Everywhere Is Pies45 members