Beef StroganoffFrom zereh 7 years ago
- 1 1/4-lb beef tenderloin or sirloin, well trimmed, cut into 2 x 1 x 1/2-inch strips (I put the meat into the freezer for about an hour to make the cutting easier) shopping list
- 2 T olive oil shopping list
- 6 T (3/4 stick) butter shopping list
- 1/4 c finely chopped shallots shopping list
- 1-lb mushrooms (I used shiitake and cremini) shopping list
- 1 c beef broth shopping list
- 2 T cognac shopping list
- 3/4 creme fraiche (or whipping cream, but the creme fraiche adds an extra tang) shopping list
- 2 T sour cream shopping list
- 1 T Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 T chopped fresh tarragon shopping list
- 12-ounces wide egg noodles shopping list
How to make it
- Pat meat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat oil in heavy large skillet over high heat until very hot. Working in batches, add meat in a single layer and cook just until brown on outside, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet.
- Melt 2 T butter in same skillet over med-high heat. Add shallot and saute until tender, scraping up browned bits, about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms. Sprinkle with pepper and saute until liquid evaporates, about 12 minutes. Add beef broth, then Cognac. Simmer until liquid thickens and just coats mushrooms, about 14 minutes. Stir in creme fraiche, sour cream and Dijon mustard. Add meat and any accumulated juices from the baking sheet. Simmer over medium-low heat until meat is heated through but still medium-rare, about 2 minutes. Stir in tarragon. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain. Transfer to bowl. Add remaining 4 t butter and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Divide noodles among plates. Top with beef and sauce.
The Cookzereh Redmond, WA
The Rating11 people
Beef stroganoff is one of my favorites and this sounds absolutely delicious! Thanks for sharing.chalgal in Ft Lauderdale loved it
Hey thanks for sharing this one - needed a good stroganoff recipe.......cyaslogan in North loved it
Fantastic!!wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!