SAVORY PORK ROASTFrom spinach1948 6 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 2 tsp. dried rosemary, crushed shopping list
- 2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 ½ tsp. Dried oregano shopping list
- 1 ½ tsp. Dried thyme shopping list
- 1 ½ tsp. rubbed sage shopping list
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg shopping list
- ¼ tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1 bone-in pork loin roast ( 5 pounds ) shopping list
- 1 cup sliced onion shopping list
- 1 cup sliced carrots shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven at 350.
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. With a sharp knife, cut ½ -inch deep slits in fat side of roast. Rub spice mixture into slits and over roast. Place roast fat side up in a shallow roasting pan. Place onions and carrots around the roast.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 1 ¾ to 2 ¼ hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160. Let stand for 10 minutes before carving.
- Serving size: 4-oz
- Nutritional Values: Calories per serving: 219, Fat: 10g, Cholesterol: 83mg, Sodium: 459mg, Carbohydrate: 1g, Fiber: 1g, Protein: 29g
- Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat
- NOTE: This is Diabetic Friendly, Gastric Bypass Friendly, and for anyone.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating12 people
wonderful seasoning and flavor luv this pork roast thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Another great one!pleclare in Framingham loved it
Ed, I crown u the 'King' of Roasts!!! This is going to my sister's we are gonna make a couple of these for New Year's Day Dinner!! HIGH FIVE FORKS!!!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it