Southern Okra SoupFrom superfoodman 6 years ago
- 1 ham bone (w/ Some Meat Still Attached) shopping list
- 3 c okra, Sliced Thin shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 6 lg tomatoes, Peeled, Seeded & Diced shopping list
- 1/2 c green bell pepper, Cored, Seeded & Diced shopping list
- 1 tb butter shopping list
- 1 sm onion, Diced shopping list
- 1 Tbs Miced garlic shopping list
- 1 TS Crushed red peppers shopping list
- black pepper, Ground shopping list
- rice, Cooked shopping list
How to make it
- Put the hambone in a soup pan. then Add water to cover. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Simmer for 1 hour or longer.
- Add the okra, tomatoes and green pepper garlic . Melt the butter in a small pan. Saute the onion until golden. then Add to the soup. Simmer until the soup is thick (about 2 hours). Remove the hambone. Shred the meat into the soup. Serve over rice in soup bowls.
The Cooksuperfoodman Metropolis, IL
The Rating5 people
Good looking soup!! high 5 i seen orka soup recipes and this the first i see with crushed red peppers and garlic! i like that!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
I love okra!midgelet in Eastern loved it
Sound good!goodeat in Benton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!