Apple Hand PiesFrom helewes 8 years ago
How to make it
- Stir together apples, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Cook over low heat for 8 to 10 minutes, until apples are tender.
- Set aside.
- Combine flour and salt; cut in shortening with a fork.
- Stir in water to a dough consistency.
- Roll out dough 1/8-inch thick on a floured surface.
- Cut out with a 4-inch round cookie cutter; place one tablespoon apple mixture in center of each circle.
- Sprinkle edges with water; fold circles in half.
- Seal edges with a fork; set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fry pies, a few at a time, for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until golden.
- Drain on paper towels; sprinkle with powdered sugar while still warm.
The Cookhelewes Newton, NJ
The Rating4 people
Hand it over!! LOL - These sound wonderfuljett2whit in Union City loved it
I just made these today and they are fantastic. Even my picky husband loved them. These will be a great thing to give away at christmas which i am going to do. Thanks for the great recipiebobslady in Hope loved it