citrus cooked hamFrom dutchie326 5 years ago
How to make it
- Place ham in bottom of crock pot
- . Thinly slice orange and lemon, and then layer alternately over the ham.
- Spread the brown sugar over the citrus slices on top of the ham.
- Lightly sprinkle ginger ale over the brown sugar until barely moist, and then pour the rest of the ginger ale around the ham on the bottom of the crock pot so that the ham can simmer in the ginger ale.
- Put 3 or 4 cloves in the ginger ale.
- Simmer in crock pot for 6 to 8 hours.
- Let ham sit on platter 15 minutes before slicing to serve.
The Cookdutchie326 Parker, PA
The Rating3 people
Wonderful idea to put a ham in a crockpot. I am not too crockpot savvy, but I'm learning! Thanks, Dutchie. 5up
Diannediannehocut in Little Rock loved it
Sounds like a great flavor combo. I'm thinking a litlle fresh grated ginger wouldn't hurt either. TY for the post.tillia in Warminster loved it
Okay, I have now made and enjoyed this recipe. WOW…great recipe. I was only able to score ham steaks, so I cooked the recipe in a large skillet, low and slow. I used the ginger ale, sliced lemon and oranges, and the brown sugar. I did add some ...moretillia in Warminster loved it