Canning VenisonFrom labcat71 7 years ago
How to make it
- boil your quart jars, lids and rings. keep hot while you cut up the deer meat into about 2 inch pieces.
- in another large pot, pour the broth and keep hot but not boiling.
- in yet another large pot, bring the meat just to a boil in water. Rinse off the "suds" to avoid solids settling in the bottom of the jars.
- remove the jars and in them place a clove of garlic, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper , 1/2 tsp red pepper (optional)and a boullion cube.
- pack your jars tightly with the meat, then cover with the broth leaving a 1/4 inch head space.
- wipe the jar rims, place the lids and rings, tighten securely.
- in a pressure cooker, cook for 1 hour and 10 minutes at 12 pounds of pressure.
- let cool slowly.