Olive Oil Pie CrustFrom nancerose 9 years ago
How to make it
- Place oil in the freezer until it is almost frozen. If you want to speed up this process divide the oil in two cups. Place pre-sifted flour in a bowl add baking powder and salt. Place bowl in refrigerator. In a cup place water, egg and vinegar, beat and then place in refrigerator. If possible place rolling pin in fridge, also.
- When oil is of the right consistency, cut it into the flour mixture. Working quickly, mix until it forms uniformly course crumbs.
- Add the liquid ingredients gradually, tossing lightly with a fork, until dough sticks together.
- If dough is too wet add a little extra flour. Roll out onto floured surface. Use as you would use any regular pie pastry.
- This recipe make enough for a 9" double crust pie. This dough is fairly easy to work with, but is best not overworked.
- For baked pie shell prick all sides, bottom and edges of crust.
- Add pie plate in center to reduce shrinkage.
- Bake at 400 degrees F about 10 to 15 minutes