Iced Oatmeal Applesauce CookiesFrom peetabear 4 years ago
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1/2 cup chunky-style applesauce shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt shopping list
- 1 cup golden raisins shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup shopping list
How to make it
- Make cookies: Preheat oven to 350. Put butter and sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on low speed until combined. Add egg and applesauce, mix until well blended, 2 to 3 minutes. Mix in oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix in raisins.
- Using a 1 1/2-inch ice cream scoop, drop dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper, spacing 2 inches apart. Bake cookies until golden and just set, 13 to 15 minutes. Let cool on sheets 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack set over parchment paper; let cool completely.
- Make icing: Whisk confectioners' sugar, syrup, and 3 tablespoons water until smooth. Drizzle over cookies, let set.
- From Holiday Cookies 2005, Special Issue 2005
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating7 people
Oh I'm gona get fat again. Love these.
EDspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
I agree with Ed:) I am gonna make these soon... nuthin' like a mug of tea and a cookie to warm your soul on a cold Winter's night... HIGH FIVE FORKS!!! Good ta' hear from you:)snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
Another good recipes!! five forkygoodeat in Benton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!