Battered Fried StrawberriesFrom choclytcandy 7 years ago
- Batter Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- a pinch of salt shopping list
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 extra large egg shopping list
- 2 extra large eggs, separated shopping list
- 1 cup cold water shopping list
- 1 tbs sugar shopping list
- 3 tbs Sambuca ( Italian anise-flavoured liqueur.) shopping list
- Strawberry Ingredients: shopping list
- 12 strawberries, de-stemmed, washed and dried shopping list
- 2 tbs sugar shopping list
- 1 dash lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tbs Sambuca shopping list
- 3 cups vegetable oil for deep frying shopping list
- candied orange zest, chopped for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Place the flour and salt in a bowl and mix together well.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add the olive oil, whole egg and egg yolks. Start stirring it in until fully incorporated and the mixture has no lumps.
- Add the sugar and Sambuca. Let the batter rest for two hours in a cool place, but do not refrigerate.
- To finish the batter, beat the egg whites until firm peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites into the batter.
- Mix the sugar, lemon juice and Sambuca together. Add this mixture to the strawberries and let marinate for one hour.
- In a 1 1/2-quart saucepan, preheat the vegetable oil to 350 degrees.
- Dip the marinated strawberries in the finished batter and fry in the oil until golden brown, about one to two minutes. Drain on a paper-towel-lined plate.
- Serve garnished with chopped candied orange zest.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
The Rating4 people
I agree with Nick, I saw this and I 'graviated' towrds the recipe like a moth to the flame... Wonderful!! HIGH FIVE FORKS x's 100:)snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
Sweet Tooth448 members
Cookbook Reviews149 members
Comfort Foods775 members
Sweet Suite159 members
Unusual Combinations82 members
Anything Goes289 members
Greek Foods145 members
Cooking With Booze79 members
Sugar N Spice N Everything Nice77 members
Unique And Unusual Recipes84 members