Roast Tenderloin Of Beef With Mushroomonion Amp Red Wine SauceFrom terryr 6 years ago
- 2-750 ml bottles of red wine-(such as Cabernet) shopping list
- 1-750 ml bottle of Tawny Port shopping list
- 4 cups of canned beef broth shopping list
- 6 TBS (3/4 stick) butter shopping list
- 1 & 1/2 lbs of onions, chopped shopping list
- 2 TBS chopped fresh thyme or 2 tsp of dried shopping list
- 2 lbs mixed fresh wild mushrooms( such as shitake, and crimini) stems removed shopping list
- All mushrooms thickly sliced shopping list
- 2 TBS all purpose flour shopping list
- 5 lb well trimmed beef tenderloin shopping list
- 2 TBS olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Boil Wine, port, and broth in heavy dutch oven until reduced to 6 cups ( about 40 min or more).
- Meanwhile, melt 4 TBS of butter in a heavy large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onions and saute until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Mix in thyme and saute and saute until onions are deep brown, about 10 minutes longer.
- Transfer onions to a bowl.
- Melt 2 TBS butter in same skillet.
- Add mushrooms and saute until tender, about 15 min.
- Return onions to the skillet.
- Add flour and stir for about 3 minutes. Stir the mushroom mixture into the wine mixture.
- Simmer over medium heat until thickened and reduced to 6 cups, stirring occasionally, about 1 hour.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Can be prepared a day in advance. Cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 400degrees. Rub tenderloin of beef with olive oil. Season beef with salt and pepper. Place in roasting pan.
- Roast until thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat registers 140-145 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and let stand for at least 10 minutes.
- Reheat sauce and pour over the beef.
The Cookterryr Henderson, NV
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!