Toffee BarsFrom linebb956 9 years ago
- cookiE CRUST: shopping list
- 1/2 cup soft butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar firmly packed shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 cup sifted all poupose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup raw quick cooking oats shopping list
- TOPPING: shopping list
- 3 squares semisweet chocolate shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Lightly grease a 13x9 pan
- In a large bowl, with wooden spoon or portable mixer at medium beat butter, egg yolk and vanilla until smooth.
- Add flour and oats
- Stir to combine well
- Press mixture ievenly in bottom of pan
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown
- cool slightly
- Melt chocolate and butter over hot, not boiling water
- Spread on cookie crust
- sprinkle with nuts.
- With a sharp knife, cut into bars while still warm.
- Cool completly in pan