Chocolate Dream CrepesFrom hopscotch 7 years ago
- ----------------- FILLING ---------------- shopping list
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, semi-sweet shopping list
- 2 tbl butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar, confectioners, sifted shopping list
- 1/4 cup Karo, light shopping list
- 2 tbl Creme de Cacao shopping list
- 2 tbl ,water shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 qt ice cream, chocolate shopping list
- chocolate crepes shopping list
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped shopping list
- ----------------- crepes ---------------- shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1 tbl cocoa shopping list
- 2 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1 dsh salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1/4 tsp almond extract shopping list
- 1 x egg shopping list
- 2 tsp butter, melted shopping list
- oil shopping list
How to make it
- Filling: Combine chocolate chips and butter in the top of a double boiler; bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring often, until chocolate melts. Remove from heat. Add confectioners' sugar, Karo, creme de cacao, water, and vanilla, and stir until smooth.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons ice cream down the center of each crepe; fold sides over, and place seam side with on serving dishes. Spoon warm chocolate sauce over each; sprinkle with pecans.
- Crepes: Combine flour, cocoa, sugar, and salt. Add milk and almond extract; beat until smooth. Add egg and beat well; stir in butter.
- Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Brush bottom of a 6" crepe pan or heavy skillet with oil; place over medium heat until just hot, not smoking.
- Pour 2 tablespoons batter into pan; quickly tilt pan in all directions so batter covers the pan in a thin film. Cook 1 minute or until lightly browned.
- Lift edge of crepe to test for doneness. Crepe is ready for flipping when it can be shaken loose from the pan. Flip the crepe, and cook about 30 seconds on the other side. (This side is rarely more than spotty brown, and is the side on which the filling is placed.) Place crepes on a towel to cool. Stack between layers of waxed paper to prevent sticking. Repeat until all batter is used.
The Cookhopscotch CA
- Not added to any groups yet!