grans scottish minceFrom foyboy77 4 years ago
How to make it
- brown youre mince in a large pan then drain all excess liquid put mince to the side on a plate.
- wipe pot clean then add tbl spoon of oil.
- then on medium heat add onion and chopped carrot sweat these of for 5 mins then add potatoes and peas then sweat for another 10 mins on low heat.
- add youre mince back to the pot.
- add pint of stock/gravey ( i cheat i use bisto gravey granuals ) bring to boil then turn down low.
- simmer on low heat for hour or so season to taste.
- serve in a bowl with slice of bread at the side to dip into youre gravey!!! great stuff!!!
The Cookfoyboy77 Fife, GB
The Rating9 people
Sounds like a wonderful, comforting meal!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
Ohhhh brilliant, this is how my mammy taught me how to make mince. Suuuuu-perb.
Thank you for writing this down and posting it.
PS for all you US readers, mince = ground beef.
foyboy, did your mum put dumplings (doughballs)...moresitbynellie in Glasgow loved it
A simple and delicious sounding meal.joe1155 in Munchen loved it