Tarator Bulgarian Yogurt SoupFrom brinton 8 years ago
- 8oz plain yogurt (Danon or Brown Cow are the best) shopping list
- 8 oz cold water shopping list
- half of a cucumber, peeled shopping list
- 1 T fresh dill weed, chopped shopping list
- 1 clove minced garlic shopping list
- handful of coarsly chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1 t olive oil shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the water and yogurt so that you have a smooth, thick liquid.
- Peel the cucumber and cut into bitesized pieces. If there are seeds removed these.
- Add all, ingredients, except the oil together and mix well.
- Chill for at least an hour before serving so that your flavors have time to combine.
- Drizzle oil on top before serving.
- If you find the taste of fresh garlic too strong, you can substitute with garlic salt or garlic powder. You can also substitute dried dill weed for fresh.