Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes Artichokes and LemonFrom superfoodman 5 years ago
- 3 tbsp olive oil (divided) shopping list
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of any fat shopping list
- sea salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste shopping list
- dried basil, to taste shopping list
- 15 frozen artichoke hearts, thawed shopping list
- 15 fingerling potatoes, sliced in half lengthwise shopping list
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, sliced into thin slivers shopping list
- Zest of one lemon and the juice shopping list
- 1 lemon sliced into thin slices shopping list
- 2 tbsp chicken broth shopping list
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped (garnish) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a pot of water over high heat until it's boiling. Slice the fingerling potatoes down the center lengthwise then add them to the boiling water to par cook for 6-7 minutes. Remove from heat and drain water. Add the garlic slivers, lemon zest, lemon slices, artichoke hearts and 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the potatoes. Season with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste, set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Season the trimmed chicken thighs with sea salt, fresh cracked pepper and dried basil to taste. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in an OVEN PROOF SKILLET (I used my dutch oven as I wasn't sure whether or not my skillets were oven proof) over medium high heat. Once VERY HOT add the chicken thighs and cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Turn the chicken over and remove from heat. Add the potato and artichoke heart mixture to the pan. Place the skillet in the oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of olive oil, juice of one lemon and 2 tablespoons of chicken broth in a bowl. Season with dried basil, sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste. Remove skillet from the oven and pour the lemon juice mixture over the top of everthing. Let the chicken rest for 3-4 minutes before cutting.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cooksuperfoodman Metropolis, IL
The Rating8 people
Wow what a meal. I will have to try this.
EDspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
I argee with Ed!! high 5cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
Yum!!!! five forkygoodeat in Benton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!