Lemon CupcakesFrom cutegirl23 7 years ago
- Cupcakes: shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup (2 sticks/8 oz/226g) butter, softened shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 2 (8-ounce) cartons dairy sour cream shopping list
- 2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel shopping list
- lemon Frosting: shopping list
- 3 tablespoons (1 1/2 oz/42g) butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups sifted powdered sugar shopping list
- milk (2 to 3 teaspoons if necessary) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon shredded lemon peel shopping list
- Garnish (optional) shopping list
- Grated lemon or orange zest shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F (180 C). Line thirty 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups; set aside. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar and vanilla; beat until well mixed. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour mixture and sour cream alternately to beaten mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined. (The batter will be thick.) Stir in lemon peel.
- 3. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the batter into each prepared muffin cup *(See Tip Below). Bake in preheated oven about 18 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack before frsoting and topping cupcakes with lemon or orange zest (optional).
- Makes 30 cupcakes.
- To Make Lemon Frosting:
- In a medium bowl, beat butter with 1 cup powdered sugar, beating well. Gradually beat in lemon juice and vanilla. Gradually beat in additional 1-1/4 cups powdered sugar. If necessary, beat in enough additional milk (2 to 3 teaspoons) to make of spreading consistency. Stir in shredded lemon peel.
- If all of the cupcakes do not fit in the oven at one time, refrigerate the remaining cupcakes while the first ones bake.
The Cookcutegirl23 California, LA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!