STUFFED BABY RED POTATOESFrom abbott41 4 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 24 small red potatoes ( about 2 ½ pounds ) shopping list
- ¼ cup butter, cubed or margarine shopping list
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan or cheddar cheese, divided shopping list
- ½ cup crumbled cooked bacon, divided shopping list
- 2/3 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- ½ tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. paprika shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven at 375.
- Scrub potatoes; Place in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell. ( cut thin slices from potato bottoms to level if necessary.)
- In a large bowl, mash the potato tops and pulp with butter or margarine. Set aside 2 tablespoons each of cheese and bacon for garnish; add the remaining cheese and bacon to potatoes. Stir in the sour cream, egg, salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into potato shells. Top with remaining cheese and bacon.; sprinkle with paprika.
- Place in an ungreased 15-inch x 10-inch x 1-inch baking pan. Bake at 375 fo 12-18 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160.
- Diabetic Friendly
- Nutritional Values: Serving size 1 stuffed potato, Calories per serving: 82, Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 21mg, Sodium: 135mg, Carbohydrate: 8g, Fiber: 1g, Protein; 3g
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, ½ starch
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookabbott41 Boston, MA
The Rating11 people
I've had these before they're great.
Edspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
hey Abbott..... lookin good my friend... HIGH FIVE FORKS!!! HAPPY New Year!!! to u and 'Chief'.. u guys r great:) hugs...snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
How cute!!a1patti in Salem loved it