Sea Scallops with Baby Asperagus in Chili-Cream SauceFrom merlin 6 years ago
- scallops AND BABY ASPERAGUS WITH chili-CREAM SAUCE shopping list
- 1 ½ lbs sea scallops shopping list
- 2 lbs. slender asparagus spears shopping list
- 2 T. sugar shopping list
- sea salt shopping list
- chili-Cream Sauce shopping list
- 6 T. lite mayonnaise (Hellman’s or Best Foods is my favorite.) shopping list
- 1 T. water shopping list
- juice of ½ lime shopping list
- 2 T. Thai sweet chili sauce shopping list
- 1 t. red jalapeno hot sauce, like El Tapatio shopping list
How to make it
- Thirty minutes before serving, rinse scallops and drain. Place them together flat on 2 thicknesses of paper towels. Sprinkle with salt. Cover with 2 paper towels. Take your heaviest skillet and press down. Leave it on the scallops as a weight to pull the moisture into the paper towels.
- Rinse asparagus and break to remove the tough bottoms of the spears. In a microwavable container add sugar and 1 t. salt. Add asparagus spears and cover with hot water. Nuke 4 minutes or until the spears are crisp tender. Drain
- Combine sauce ingredients. Adjust the ingredients as necessary. Different brands of mayo and chili sauce have different levels of sweetness and spiciness.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover the bottom of a large baking dish with asparagus spears. Top with scallops. Cover with the sauce. Bake until sauce is bubbly about 15-20 minutes. The sauce won’t brown so don’t allow it to become too dry as it will dry out the scallops.
The Cookmerlin San Francisco, CA
The Rating6 people
Sounds so tasty and interesting! I love the preparation of scallops here!juels in Clayton loved it
Oh yeah babe! That's good eats. Thanks for a super recipe.
Joymariemystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
LOVE this recipe!!a1patti in Salem loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!