Homemade Labna Balls-yoghurt cheeseFrom midgelet 3 years ago
How to make it
- prep times does not includes, draining, chilling, etc etc
- Mix the yoghurt with salt, stirring well to remove any lumps.
- Scoop the yoghurt into the centre of a double layer of damp muslin and suspend over a deep bowl for 24 hours to let the whey drip out
- you may like to scrape the inside of the muslin a couple of times to facilitate draining
- Remove the resulting ‘cheese’ from the muslin and crumble onto a tray lined with paper towel.
- Refrigerate until firm and dry to touch.
- Lightly oil the palms of your hands and roll into 2.5 cm (1 in) in diameter balls.
- Serve fresh on crusty bread with freshly cracked black pepper or store in a jar covered with extra virgin olive oil, sprigs of rosemary and red chillies to flavour.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating5 people
great recipe thanks bunches high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Wow! This is really something. I just may have to try this & impress my wife.
5 forks!tucky in Ottawa loved it
I have made these and they are delicious. High 5!lor in Toronto loved it
Make Your Ingredients221 members
Eat Light Healthy455 members
Low GI/Diabetic Diet35 members
FRESH HERB NUT31 members
Low Carb110 members
Gifts And Mixes226 members
The Art Of Healthy Living58 members
Low Fat And Fabulous110 members
Dairy Preparations8 members
From Middle Eastern Lands252 members