Tuscan Ribollita SoupFrom lanabade 5 years ago
- 2 each carrots,leeks;onions,celery stalks,diced. shopping list
- 1/2 cup imported extra virgin olive oil. shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves minced. shopping list
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs. shopping list
- 6 fresh sage leaves,finely chopped. shopping list
- 1 small head savoy cabbage,cut into chiffonade. shopping list
- 1 bunch swiss chard,or kale,cut into chiffonade. shopping list
- 1 28 oz. can San Marzano tomatoes shopping list
- 1 medium head fennel,cored and diced. shopping list
- 4 potatoes,diced. shopping list
- 4 cups water or vegetable broth. shopping list
- 1 16 oz.can pinto beans,rinsed,drained,and pureed in a food processor. shopping list
- 1 16 oz. can cannellini beans,rinsed,drained, and pureed shopping list
- 2 zucchini,diced. shopping list
- 1 red onion,thinly sliced. shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh basil,chiffonade cut. shopping list
- 1 /2 loaf day old artison bread,torn into large chunks. shopping list
- addional imported extra virgin olive oil. shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl combine combine carrots,leeks,onions,and celery,set aside.
- Heat oil in a large heavy=bottomed pot over medium heat'.
- add the carrot mixture,saute until vegetables are tender about 8 minutesAdd garlic,thyme,sage,cabbage and Kale.
- saute' until soft,about 20 minutes.
- Add tomatoes,fennel,potatoes,and water,bring to boiling.
- reduce heat and add pureed beans,simmer 1 hour.
- Just before serving,remove thyme sprigs,
- Add Zucchini and red onion;simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in basil,season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide bread chunks into 12 bowls.
- Ladle soup over,drizzle with olive oil and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 12
- NPMarie Magalia, CA
- btkass Nowhere, Us
- tuilelaith Columbia, MO
- quaziefly ALL POINTS
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- celiac_ceahow_martine Newcastle, OK
- bakermanrooster Wichita, KS
- pamelanava Prosper, TX
- jlv1023 Plymouth, WI
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- Plus 2 othersFrom around the world!
The Cooklanabade Goshen, NJ
The Rating8 people
Gosh I wish I had a bowl of it right now. It is so cold here in Florida. It sure would taste good.tablescape in loved it
Thank-you for the 'heads up' about
your "5"FORK!!!!! Soup~
I must prepare this very soon~
~*~mj~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
yummm i love soups this sounds really good lana
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it