Lemon Pie With Lemon Mousse ToppingFrom gourmetana 5 years ago
- Graham Cracker Crust: shopping list
- 3/4 pound graham crackers shopping list
- 4 Tbsp. granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 and half sticks melted butter shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 4 egg yolks shopping list
- 1 can condensed milk shopping list
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 lemon , grated zest shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 2 cups heavy or whipping cream , chilled shopping list
- 1/2 of a can of condensed milk shopping list
- juice of 2 small lemons shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 325°.
- Break up the graham crackers, place in a food processor and process to crumbs. Add the melted butter, sugar and salt and pulse until combined.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch pie pan, forming an even layer on the bottom, sides and edge.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow the crust to cool.
- While the crust is resting, in an electric mixer with the wire whisk attachment, whip the egg yolks and lemon zest at high speed until fluffy, or 5 to 6 minutes.
- Gradually add the condensed milk and continue to whip until thick, 3 to 4 minutes longer.
- Lower the mixer speed and slowly add the lemon juice until incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into the crust and bake for 15 minutes, or until the filling has just set. Cool on a wire rack, and then refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Whip the cream, add the condensed milk, lemon juice and vanilla until nearly stiff. Evenly spread the whipped cream on top of the pie, and place in the freezer for 20 minutes prior to serving.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookgourmetana London, UK
The Rating10 people
Ana, thanks for posting a this great recipe! Stay warm and well my friend. Have a wonderful first day back to work today!! Hugsm2googee in Tomball loved it
sounds superb!midgelet in Eastern loved it
Delicious and easy. I can modify this for me as a Diabetic.
Edspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
Christmas All Year182 members
Checkin Central283 members
Lemon Lovers166 members
Checkins Round Table39 members
Recipes By You103 members
International Baking67 members
Pies Pies Pies66 members
The Icing On The Cake31 members
World Wide Cuisine50 members