Braised EggplantsFrom mommylotte 5 years ago
- 3 eggplants (the long ones) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp of minced garlic shopping list
- 2 sweet onions (the small ones) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp of oyster sauce shopping list
- 2 Tsp of sugar shopping list
- 4 Tbsp light soy sauce shopping list
- 1/2 Tsp bottled chili bean sauce shopping list
- 1 Tsp sesame seed oil shopping list
- 125ml or 1/2 cup of cooking oil shopping list
- 63ml or 1/4 cup of water shopping list
- Bottled minced garlic. shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the onions into halves and slice thinly.
- Cut off the tips of the eggplants and slice into halves lengthwise.
- Cut each half into 3-4 pieces.
- Pour the cooking oil in a nonstick pan and fry the eggplants.
- Make sure to fry them half-cooked only.The outer side are almost brown.
- Remove the eggplants and place them on paper towels.
- Pour off the cooking oil in the pan until only about 2 Tsp remains.
- Saute the onions.
- Add the garlic .Saute until golden brown but make sure not to overcook!
- Add the oyster sauce,sugar,light soy sauce,and chili bean sauce.
- Mix well.
- Add the eggplants.Mix then lower the heat and simmer for about 3 mins.
- Turn off the heat. Drizzle sesame seed oil and give the dish a final stir.
- When serving,garnish with bottled minced garlic on top.
The Cookmommylotte Aichi Ken, Japan
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!