Maple ClustersFrom zena824 8 years ago
- 1 cup firlmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup good maple syrup (not the imitation stuff) shopping list
- 1/2 cup whipping cvream shopping list
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 2 cups chopped walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- Butter sides of a heavy large saucepan.
- Combine sugars, maple syrup, whipping cream, corn syrup, and salt in pan; stirring constantly, cook over medium-low heat until sugars dissolve.
- Using pastry brush dipped in hot water, wash down any sugar crystals on sides of pan.
- Attach a candy thermomenter to pan, making sure thermomenter does not touch bottom of pan.
- Increase heat to medium and bring to a boil.
- Cook, without stirring, until mixture reaches 234 degrees.
- Test about 1/2 teaspoon mixture in ice water.
- Mixture will easily form a ball in ice water but will flatten when held in
- your hand.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
- Using medium speed of a mixer, beat until candy thickens and begins to lose its gloss (about 3 minutes)
- Stir in walnuts.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper; cool completely.
- Makes about 5 dozen clusters.
- Store in an airtight container..
The Cookzena824 Somewhere, USA, AR
The Rating1 people
I'm going to add these to the candies I like to make during the holidays. They're delicious.coffeebean53 in Charlotte loved it