Ham Gruyere And Spinach Bread PuddingFrom lanabade 7 years ago
- 4 large eggs. shopping list
- 4 large egg whites shopping list
- 1 cup skim milk shopping list
- 2 tbls.Dijon mustard. shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper. shopping list
- 1 tsp.minced fresh rosemary. shopping list
- 4 cups whole-grain bread,crusts removed if desired;cut it into 1 inch cubes (about1/2 lb.,4-6 slices. shopping list
- 5 cups chopped spinach,wilted shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped jarred roasted red peppers shopping list
- 1 cup diced good-quality ham steak.(5 ounces) shopping list
- TOPPING: shopping list
- 3/4 cup shredded gruyere cheese. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven:375 degrees
- coat 11 by 7 inch glass baking dish or a 2 quart cassorole with cooking spray.
- TO PREPARE CUSTARD:
- Whisk egg whites,eggs and milk in a medium bowl.
- Add mustard,pepper,and rosemary,whisk to combine.
- Toss bread,spinach,roasted red peppers and ham in a large bowl.
- Add the custard and toss well to coat.
- Transfer to the baking dishnand push down to compact.
- Cover with foil.
- BAKE until the custard has set,40-45 minutes.
- UNCOVER,sprinkle with cheese and continue cooking until the pudding is puffed and golden on the top,15-20 minutes more.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool for 15-20 minutes before serving.
- TIP:To wilt greens,rinse greens in cool water.transfer to a large microwave=safe bowl,cover with plastic wrap and punch several holes in the wrap.
- Microwave on high until wilted 2-3 minutes.Squeeze out any excess moisture from the greens before adding them to the receipe.
People Who Like This Dish 8
- lor Toronto, Canada
- joe1155 Munchen, DE
- debbie919 Manahawkin, NJ
- choclytcandy IN
- spinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- hot_it_up Columbiana, AL
- lexdavies Stafford, GB
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- mjcmcook Beach City, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooklanabade Goshen, NJ
The Rating11 people
Sounds great, I love savory bread puddings. I might just get that skim milk confused with something else. \0
Jeffhot_it_up in Columbiana loved it
can smell this cookin wow! luv it high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Hi 5 anyway.
EDspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it