Tex-mex Truckstop EnchiladasFrom hungrybear 4 years ago
- Filling shopping list
- 1 pound lean ground beef shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion, minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup beef stock shopping list
- 1/3 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted mild green chile, such shopping list
- as New Mexico or poblano, fresh or frozen shopping list
- salt, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a skillet, fry the ground beef with the onion until the meat is gray. Pour off grease. Add stock, corn, green chile and salt. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. The filling can be made ahead and refrigerated for a day. Reheat the filling before proceeding.
- 1/2 recipe Tex-Mex Chili Gravy
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 12 to 16 corn tortillas
- Grated mild Cheddar cheese
- Onion, chopped
- Fresh jalapeno or Serrano chile, minced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a medium baking dish.
- Heat 1/2 to 1 inch of oil in a small skillet until the oil ripples. With tongs, dunk a tortilla in the oil long enough for it go to limp, just a few seconds. Don't let the tortilla turn crisp. Repeat with remaining tortillas and drain them.
- With tongs, dip a tortilla in the gravy liquid to lightly coat it. Lay the tortilla on a plate, sprinkle about 4 tablespoons of filling over it, and roll it up snugly. Transfer the enchilada to the baking dish. repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling.
- Top the enchiladas with the remaining chili gravy, making sure that each enchilada is submerged in the sauce. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the enchiladas are heated through and the sauce is bubbly. Remove the dish from the oven and sprinkle immediately with cheese, onion and jalapeno.
- Serve hot, using a spatula.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookhungrybear Miner, MO
The Rating9 people
i 'hungry' like a 'bear' for this.. HIGH FIVE FORKS!!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
Good and tasty.
Edspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
Is chili gravy 1/2 portion of step 1?floridiangourmet in Hudson loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!