Grandmas Marinara SauceFrom shandy 6 years ago
- 3 T. olive oil shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 T. fresh oregano, chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 to 2 T. basil, dried or freshly chopped (whatever you can get ahold of) shopping list
- 2 whole bay leaves, dried or fresh shopping list
- 7 cans (16 oz. each) tomato sauce - Hunts brand preferred shopping list
- 1 can tomato paste - same brand if possible shopping list
- 2 cans ( 12 oz to 14 oz each) diced tomatoes - with or without extra seasonings included shopping list
- 2 celery sticks cleaned shopping list
- 1 carrot, just peeled and cleaned shopping list
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmigiana cheese shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Use a Large Pot!
- Heat olive oil on medium-low heat. Put garlic & onion in oil and heat until it is tender.
- Put parsley, oregano, basil, and bay leaves in and continue to heat for about 3 minutes.
- Open all cans of tomato products; add in sauce pot. Raise heat to medium high. Make sure to occasionally stir sauce. Cook and stir sauce until hot. Once sauce is hot, lower heat to simmer.
- Add celery stalks and whole carrot in sauce, continue to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of grated cheese to sauce, continue to simmer 15 minutes.
- Remove carrot, celery, cover sauce, continue to simmer. Make sure to occasionally stir sauce.
- Taste, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, take out bay leaves and simmer until the flavor is right for you. Then make some pasta, chicken, whatever you would like to use the marinara sauce for and break the rest down into serving portions for later use and freeze.
The Cookshandy Port Orchard, WA
The Rating3 people
What are the chances of having love the same recipe. This is indeed a wonderful Marinara sauce.
To this, I also add stewed tomatoes, and of course it has to be HUNTS - don't know, but it's the only sauce that meshes.hopscotch in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!