Chocolate-Covered Peanut Butter Crisp SquaresFrom hopscotch 3 years ago
- Yield: 36 squares shopping list
- 1½ Tablespoons butter shopping list
- 5 ounces (or ½ bag) marshmallows shopping list
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter shopping list
- 3 cups crisped rice cereal shopping list
- 2 cups (1 bag) milk chocolate chips shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable shortening shopping list
- 1. Grease an 8×8-inch pan. Set aside. shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Add in the marshmallow and stir until melted. Add the peanut butter and continue stirring until completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir in the cereal until completely coated.
- 3. With buttered hands, press the mixture into the greased pan and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or until set.
- 4. Remove pan from refrigerator, run a knife around the edges and turn out onto a cutting board. Cut into 36 squares.
- 5. Using either a double boiler or a microwave heating in 30-second intervals, melt the chocolate chips and shortening together until completely melted and smooth.
- 6. Working with one square at a time, drop a square into the chocolate and, using a toothpick, turn it over so it is completely covered in chocolate and then remove it to a baking sheet lined with a sheet of wax paper. Repeat with all squares.
- 7. Refrigerate until chocolate has set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.