Apple Butter CakeFrom pudding_and_pie1990 9 years ago
- 110 grams of butter, softened and cut into pieces shopping list
- 2/3 of a cup of caster sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 xups of self raising flour shopping list
- 1/2 of a cup of milk shopping list
- 1 apple, grated shopping list
- 2 apples, quatered, then cut into 2mm slices shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees celsius, grease and line a round 20cm cake tin.
- Place butter, caster sugar, vanilla essence and one of the eggs into a mixing bowl and beat with electric, mixer until light and creamy, and has changed colour.
- Add remaining egg, and beat in thoroughly.
- Gradually add milk and flour, alternatively, beat well after each addition.
- Drain all moisture from grated apple by squeezing it in paper towels, then add into batter mixture and blend in evenly.
- Spread mixture into the cake tin, and smooth surface using a spatula.
- Place the apple slices onto the top ina circular fashion to achieve a nice finish.
- Optional: Sprinkle a mixture of cinnamon, brown sugar and nutmeg onto the top of the apple slices to help it brown and caramelise when baking.
The Cookpudding_and_pie1990 Sydney, AU
- Not added to any groups yet!