Perfect Potatoes au GratinFrom myrna 4 years ago
- 4 whole russet potatoes, Scrubbed Clean shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons butter, Softened shopping list
- 1-½ cup heavy cream shopping list
- ½ cups whole milk shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons flour shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, Finely Minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, Freshly Grated shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Smear softened butter all over the bottom of a baking dish.
- Slice potatoes, then cut slices into fourths.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together cream, milk, flour, minced garlic, salt, and plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
- Place 1/3 of the potatoes in the bottom of the baking dish. Pour 1/3 of the cream mixture over the potatoes.
- Repeat this two more times, ending with the cream mixture. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are golden brown and really bubbling. Add grated cheese to the top of the potatoes and bake for 3 to 5 more minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Allow to stand for a few minutes before serving by the spoonful.
People Who Like This Dish 15
- robotmonkeyninja Las Vegas, NV
- bakermanrooster Wichita, KS
- Sonia_Anne Ngongotaha, NZ
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- quaziefly ALL POINTS
- co11een Palm Desert, CA
- conner909 Southern Calif., CA
- crazeecndn Edmonton, CA
- cutegirl23 California, LA
- mjcmcook Beach City, CA
- Plus 5 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookmyrna Leuven, BE
The Rating5 people
I make these all the time,had them for Christmas!lanabade in Goshen loved it
wondeful taters luvem high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This is a REAL Comfort Casserole~!
~*~mj~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!