White Sour Cream CakeFrom myrna 7 years ago
- 2 c. flour shopping list
- 2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 c. butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. sugar shopping list
- 3 egg yolks, beaten shopping list
- 1 c. sour cream shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 3 egg whites, stiffly beaten shopping list
How to make it
- Sift dry ingredients together. Cream butter with 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add beaten egg yolks and vanilla. Add sour cream and flour alternately. Beat egg whites stiffly and beat in remaining 1/2 cup sugar until it barely disappears. Fold whites into batter.
- Pour into two (9 inch) greased and floured pans (or one 9 by 13). Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Frost with cream cheese or sour cream frosting.