Sausage Stuffed MushroomsFrom goodeat 7 years ago
- 16 extra-large white mushrooms (or about 3 dozen medium to large white mushrooms) shopping list
- 5 tablespoons good olive oil, divided shopping list
- 2 1/2 tablespoons marsala wine or medium sherry shopping list
- 3/4 pound sweet Italian sausage, removed from the casings shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground fennel shopping list
- 2 large shallots, chopped shopping list
- 2/3 cup panko crumbs shopping list
- 5 ounces mascarpone cheese shopping list
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan shopping list
- 2 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. shopping list
How to make it
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and chop them finely. Set aside. Place the mushroom caps in a shallow bowl and toss with 3 tablespoons of the olive oil and Marsala. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage, crumbling it with the back of a wooden spoon. Cook the sausage for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until it’s completely browned. Add the chopped mushroom stems and cook for 3 more minutes. Stir in the ground fennel and shallots and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the panko crumbs, stirring to combine evenly with all the other ingredients. Finally, swirl in the mascarpone and continue cooking until the mascarpone has melted and made the sausage mixture creamy. Off the heat, stir in the Parmesan, parsley, and season with salt and pepper, to taste, Cool slightly.
- Fill each mushroom generously with the sausage mixture. Arrange the mushrooms in a baking dish large enough to hold all the mushrooms in a snug single layer. Bake until the stuffing for 50 minutes, until the stuffing is browned and crusty
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookgoodeat Benton, MO
The Rating7 people
EDspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
wow! mushroom heaven luv it high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
mmmmmmmmm. I Love this. high five forks!!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!