Ultimate Onion Bloom with Creamy Chili SauceFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 3 cups cornstarch shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons paprika shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 24 ounces beer shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 4 teaspoons paprika shopping list
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 6 onions colossal (4-inch in diameter or larger) shopping list
- oil as needed shopping list
- Creamy Chili Sauce: shopping list
- 1 pint mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 pint dairy sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup chili sauce shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Combine cornstarch, flour and seasonings then add beer and mix well.
- Combine flour, paprika, garlic powder, pepper and cayenne and mix well.
- Cut about 3/4-inch off top of onions and peel then cut into 12 vertical wedges.
- Do not cut through bottom of the onions.
- Remove 1” of petals from center of onion then soak in ice water for 15 minutes.
- If onion petals do not separate and bloom cut petals slightly deeper.
- Dip cut onion in seasoned flour mixture and remove excess by shaking.
- Dip into batter and remove excess by gently shaking.
- Separate petals to coat thoroughly with beer batter.
- Gently place onion in fryer basket and deep fat fry at 375 for 1-1/2 minutes.
- Turn over and fry an additional 1-1/2 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining onions.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Place onion upright in shallow bowl and serve with sauce.
- To make sauce combine all ingredients and mix well.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!