Apricot BarsFrom chacha 6 years ago
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided shopping list
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup margarine shopping list
- 2/3 cup minced dried apricots shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 14 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- confectioners' sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine 1 cup of the flour with the granulated sugar and margarine.
- In a lightly greased 10 x 15 inch jelly roll pan, pat dough into a very thin layer. (It will take a while, and it may seem as if the dough won't cover the pan, but this is the secret to getting these bars really chewy--it's well worth it!)
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- In saucepan cover apricots with hot water and simmer until water is gone; set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs; add brown sugar, vanilla, salt, baking powder, and remaining 1/2 cup flour and mix well.
- Add apricots and pecans.
- Spread mixture on baked crust.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and cut into bars.
- Makes about 24
- Source: The New Jewish Family Kitchen