Beef And Butternut Squash StewFrom lanabade 6 years ago
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 onion,peeled and chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic/chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme shopping list
- 2 lbs. stew beef,cut into 2 inch cubes shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt,plus more to tase shopping list
- 1'2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper. shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour. shopping list
- 1 cup Massala wine shopping list
- 1 oound butternut squash/trimmed and cut into 2 inch cubes shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes shopping list
- 3-4 cups beef stock(I like Emerals) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped flat-leaf parsley shopping list
- crusty bread for serving. shopping list
How to make it
- In a large soup pot,heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions,garlic,rosemary,and thyme,saute' until the onions are tender,about 2 minutes.
- toss the beef cubes in salt,pepper,and flour.
- Turn up heat to medium-high and add the beef to the pot.
- Cook until beef is browned and golden around the edges,about 5 minutes.
- Add the marsala wine.
- Using a wooden spoon.gently stir up all the brown bits off the bottom of the pan.Add the butternut squash and sun-dried tomatoes and stir to combine.
- Add enogh beef stock to just cover the beef and the squash.
- Bring the stew to a boil over high heat,then reduce the heat to low and simmer,covered for about 1 hour,
- season the stew with more salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- SERVE WITH A GOOD CRUSTY BREAD,alongside.
The Cooklanabade Goshen, NJ
The Rating6 people
Wonderful flavors, Lana. This sounds Great for a cold & rainy day like today. Thanks for sharing.californiacook in loved it
Very good!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it