Soda Bread For ImbolcFrom karlyn255 7 years ago
- 1 C all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 tbsp. margarine or butter shopping list
- 2 C whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1/3 C quick cooking oats shopping list
- 1 1/2 C buttermilk shopping list
- 2 tbsp. melted butter shopping list
- white flour for kneading shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all purpose flour, sugar, soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Cut in butter with a pastry cutter. Then stir in oats and whole wheat flour and combine thoroughly.
- Make a well in the center of this and pour in buttermilk and melted butter.
- Stir with a spoon and combine until all is moistened.
- Collect dough into a ball and place on floured kneading board. Knead until the dough is no longer sticky and shape into round loaf.
- Place onto greased cookie sheet and slightly flatten top. Take a sharp knife and mark top with an X about 1/2 an inch deep.
- Put loaf into a 375 degree oven for 40-50 minutes or until testing skewer comes out clean.
- Place on wire rack to cool.
The Cookkarlyn255 Ypsilanti, MI
The Rating2 people
Blessed Be! Thanks for sharing a great recipe Karlyn! ^5madmommy in Wayne loved it
Cut and pasted from wikipedia: Imbolc is one of the four principal festivals of the Celtic calendar, celebrated among Gaelic peoples and some other Celtic cultures, either at the beginning of February or at the first local signs of Spring. Most commo...morechoclytcandy in loved it