French Onion SoupFrom shootnhooton 6 years ago
How to make it
- The secret to making this soup really tasty is to sauté the onions on a fairly high heat so that they go golden brown and caramelise.
- Peel and slice the onions whole so they are in rings then add them to a large pan with the butter. Turn the heat up to almost full, give them a good stir to coat with the melted butter and put a lid on the pan. Give them a stir now and then and you will find that they stick to the pan and burn slightly which is just what we want to get them nicely caramelised.
- After about 15-20 minutes when they are nicely browned, add the beef stock, salt and black pepper and simmer gently for another 20 minutes.
- Pour the soup into a bowl and float some croutons on the top. Spoon a few onions on to the toast and then sprinkle the cheese on top. Place under the grill until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with some more toast, grated cheese and a smile
The Cookshootnhooton Croydon, GB
The Rating5 people
hmm, similar post, but I love all onion soup!midgelet in Eastern loved it
In light of the freezing temps where I am, this is most appreciated. Hi-5 and my kudos.
theoldprof in Belleville loved it
"5"FORK!!!!!! for this 'Comfort' Recipe~
Whenever I enjoy this Soup it brings
back wonderful memories of 'Happy Times'!
"Thanks for the Memories!"
Photo FLAGGED !!!!!mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!