Italian Soup for a Non Traditional WeddingFrom merlin 4 years ago
- 3 hot Italian sausages, cut into 1” slices shopping list
- 1 1/4 pound extra-lean ground beef shopping list
- 3 egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- 8 tablespoons Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs shopping list
- 3 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- Handful of shredded fresh basil leaves shopping list
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes shopping list
- 3 green onions, sliced shopping list
- 3 qts cups free-range chicken broth shopping list
- 10 oz spinach leaves shopping list
- 2 lime quarters shopping list
- 3/4 lb orzo or tiny elbow macaroni. Uncooked shopping list
- ½ c. sweet marsala wine shopping list
- grated parmesan cheese for topping shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Mix together the meat, egg, half the bread crumbs, cheese, basil, parsley, and green onions; shape into 3/4 inch balls.
- 2. Pour broth into a medium pot over high heat. Add lime quarters. When boiling, drop in sausage pieces. Cook for 3 minutes.
- 3. Then drop in meatballs, one at a time. Stir in pasta. Return to a boil; reduce heat to medium. Add Marsala and the reserved bread crumbs.
- 4. Cook at a slow boil for 10 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring frequently.
- 5. Stir in spinach and cook for a minute, until spinach is fully wilted.
- 6. Serve sprinkled with cheese.
- Serves 6
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookmerlin San Francisco, CA
The Rating6 people
'KISS" the Bride, Bridegroom, Maids
and Guests~ This is a "5"FORK!!!!!
~*~mj~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
I'm Italian and I'll say this is non-triditional for a Wedding and I'll kiss everyone LOL
Edspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
Off the wall! But that is usual for you. Just sounds Molto Bene!mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!