High Energy Biscuits - Disaster DistributionFrom tuilelaith 5 years ago
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoons plus 1 1/4 teaspoons butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 can condensed milk 3/4 cup plus a scant 2 tablespoons) shopping list
- 2 cups soy flour shopping list
- 2 cups rolled oats shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut shopping list
- heaping 2 tablespoons sesame seed paste shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter, sugar and condensed milk together in large pot.
- Add flour, rolled oats and baking powder.
- Divide mixture in half.
- Spread each half onto a greased tray - spread with a knife until it forms approx. a 12 inch square, keeping edges neat and straight.
- Repeat with other half of mixture.
- Cook at 150°C for 10-15 minutes till light to golden brown.
- Cut each tray into 25 biscuits - 2 inch by 2 inch..
- To harden biscuits a little more return to oven which has been turned off - leave for another 5 - 10 minutes.
- When completely cold, pack biscuits in plastic bags.
- Seal and label.
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
The Rating4 people
Thank you for posting this recipe. I think it is a great idea.windybliss in A Small Town loved it
I have just pulled my first batch out of the oven. Yummy, much tastier than I imagined. I will be vacumn sealing, then sealing in mylar bags. I will give these HEB's to friends and family for emergency disaster rations. I have calculated the Calories...morePreppermom in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!