Italian Stuffed PeppersFrom silvanak 4 years ago
- 2-3 tablespoon of oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs of lean ground meat - beef/turkey /pork shopping list
- 1 onion chopped fine shopping list
- 2 or 3 cloves of garlic minced shopping list
- 2 large tomatoes diced into cubes shopping list
- 1 8 ounce can of drained mushrooms (or you can use fresh about 5-8 ounces cut up) shopping list
- salt and pepper to your taste shopping list
- 1/2 cup Italian flat leaf parsley chopped finely shopping list
- 3-4 leaves of basil chopped finely shopping list
- 1/2 cup of grated cheese -Asiago, Romano or Parmesan- I prefer Asiago shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup cooked rice **Note -Cold rice is fine just make sure if you cook it fresh it's at room temperature shopping list
- 4 bell peppers: green, red, or yellow shopping list
How to make it
- Wash and dry peppers.
- Cut the peppers in half, remove inside seeds and stem and set aside.
- In a large pan add the olive oil on medium heat and saute the onions and garlic.
- Add the meat and cook until the meat is no longer pink-break up the chopped meat with a spatula when cooking.
- Drain the excess fat from the pan.
- Add the parsley, basil, mushrooms and the tomatoes to the pan and cook until the water has evaporated.
- Set pan aside to cool to room temperature.
- Add the cooled rice to the pan and stir it into the room temperature meat mixture thoroughly.
- Add the eggs and cheese.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Set the oven to 350-375 degrees.
- Get a cookie sheet pan.
- Grease a pan with cooking spray or rub with a little oil.
- Spoon the mixture to each halved pepper and place it on the sheet pan.
- Place in the heated oven.
- Cook for 30-40 min.
- Serve as a main dish or side.
- Top with tomato sauce cheese and fresh basil if desired.
The Cooksilvanak Corona, CA
The Rating5 people
Love stuffed peppers and adore your ingredients...thanks so much for sharing this! ^5
Debdebbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
These sound great! Thanks for the post.valinkenmore in Malott loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!