Scrambled Egg Casserole - Diabetic FriendlyFrom spinach1948 6 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- ½ cups butter, divided or margarine shopping list
- 2 Tbs. all-purpose flour shopping list
- ½ tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp pepper shopping list
- 2 cups milk or 1% milk shopping list
- 1 cup ( 4-oz ) shredded process American cheese or reduced fat shredded American Cheese shopping list
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham shopping list
- ¼ cup sliced green onions shopping list
- 12 eggs, beaten or equivalent egg substitute shopping list
- 1 jar ( 4 -oz ) sliced mushrooms, drained shopping list
- 1 ½ cups soft bread crumbs shopping list
- Additional sliced green onions, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Whisk in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute ham and onions in 3 tablespoons butter until onions are tender. Add eggs; cook and stir until eggs are almost set. Stir in mushrooms and cheese sauce. Transfer to a greased 11-inch x 7-inch baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over top. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown. Sprinkle with additional green onions if desired.
- Diabetic Friendly
- Nutritional Values: Serving size 1 slice, Calories per serving 358, Fat: 16g Cholesterol: 376mg, Sodium: 498mg, Carbohydrate: 12g, Fiber: 1g, Protein: 19g
- Note: I have modified the original recipe.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating10 people
This has comfort food written all over it thanks for sharing high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
omw This is right up my alley.. i love dishes like this.. I made a 'buttered noodle casserole lat night.. it was delish!!1 HIGH FIVE FORKS!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
Good!!! high 5!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
CASSEROLE COOKING113 members
Diabetic And Or Lowcarb122 members
Casserole Comfort131 members
101 A Diabetic Low Carb Place159 members
All Things Cheese76 members
Casserole A Day61 members
Diabetic Friendly Recipes43 members
Quick And Easy26 members
Gastric Bypass Support Before And After4 members