FlanFrom jlv1023 7 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350
- To carmelize sugar, in 8" skillet cook 1/3 cup sugar over medium high heat, until sugar starts to melk, shaking skillet occassionally to heat sugar evenly, DO NOT STIR
- Once sugar starts to melt, reduce heat to low and cook about 5 minutes or until all sugar is melted and golden brown, stir only if needed with a wood spoon.
- Immediately pour caramelized sugar in 8" square pan or round to coat bottm evenly, Cool slightly
- In medium bowl, combine eggs, evaporated milk, 1/3 cup sugar and extracts
- Place the 8" pan in 13 x 9 baking dish with 1/2" VERY hot water
- Pour custard in 8" pan
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack
- Cover and chill 4-24 hours to get true flavors of flan.