Baked Greek ChickenFrom pleclare 5 years ago
- 1 whole broiler/fryer chicken,about 5 lbs,cut in 6 pieces shopping list
- 3/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 lemons shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic,minced shopping list
- 1 Tbs fresh oregano,chopped shopping list
- 1/8 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1 Tbs olive oil shopping list
- 1 fennel bulb (about 1-1/2 lbs)trimmed,cored and sliced shopping list
- 1 c dry orzo shopping list
- 1/3 c pitted kalamata olives,halved shopping list
- 1/3 c crumbled blue cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Pat chicken dry. loosen skin and sprinkle 1/4 tsp salt under skin. Grate zest of 1 lemon,cut lemon in heal and juice. In small bowl,stir together 2 tsp of the zest,2 Tbs of the lemon juice,remaining 1/2 tsp salt,the garlic,oregano and pepper. Tuck half of thismixture under skin of chicken. Cut peel off second lemon;chop fruit into pieces.
- Add olive oil to remaining herb mixture in the bowl. Toss with sliced fennel and chopped lemon. Transfer to a large baking dish. Top with chicken pieces and bake at 425 for 40 mins or till breast meat registers 160 degrees.
- Meanwhile,cook orzo following pkg. directions,about 9 mins. Drain and transfer to platter and spoon fennel and 1 Tbs of the pan drippings in with the orzo. Add olives and feta to bowl and stir to combine.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating6 people
Great recipe - 5 forksaussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it
Love the fennel and olive combination. Yummy.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Oh yea, this is goin in my book. A "5". Affetto Vita (love life)elgourmand in Apia loved it