Honey Bars With Dates And WalnutsFrom 2302817 6 years ago
- For Crust: shopping list
- 3/4 c. rolled oats shopping list
- 3/4 c. sugar shopping list
- 1 c. unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 c. flour shopping list
- For Filling or Topping: shopping list
- 3/4 c. honey shopping list
- 3/4 c. apple jelly shopping list
- 1/4 c. unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/4 c. brown sugar (packed) shopping list
- 1/4 c. flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 4 eggs (slightly beaten) shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 c. coarsely chopped walnuts shopping list
- 2 c. chopped pitted dates shopping list
How to make it
- For Crust:
- Grease two 13"x9" baking pans, set aside.
- Place oats, sugar in blender or food processor, process until fine.
- Transfer into large mixing bowl.
- Add in flour, using pastry blender, cut butter into flour mixture until resemble loose crumbs.
- Devide crust mixture between pans. Press evenly into bottom of pans.
- Bake each pan on center rack of pre-heated oven with 350F temp.
- for 12 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
- For Topping:
- In saucepan, heat honey, jelly and butter over low heat for 5 minutes or until butter and jelly are melted. Stir often.
- Remove from heat, set aside.
- In mixing bowl, stir together brown sugar, flour, and baking powder.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beat until smooth.
- Stir in honey mixture until incorporated.
- Pour half of the mixture over each prepared crust.
- Spread evenly, top each with walnuts and dates.
- Bake for 25 minutes
- Cool and chill for at least 30 min. before cutting into bars
The Cook2302817 Port Hardy, Canada
The Rating5 people
Sounds great - thanks for the post.valinkenmore in Malott loved it
nice post...five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
This sounds really good, I'll definately have to try it out. Thanks & 5 forksbrianna in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!