Eggplant Parmesan a lighter versionFrom sosousme 7 years ago
- 2 eggplants, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds shopping list
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 3/4 cup grated part-skim mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely sliced (chiffonade) shopping list
- 1 (28-ounce) jar marinara sauce, or homemade shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Dip each eggplant slice into the flour, the egg white then into the seasoned bread crumbs. Arrange on a cookie sheet cover with a thin layer of olive oil. Lightly brush the top with olive oil. Bake 35 - 40 minutes or until the eggplant is soft.
- Spread a small amount of the marinara evenly over the bottom of a baking dish. Add a layer of eggplant, spoon sauce over, sprinkle with 1/2 of the mozzarella and parmesan See Photo. Make another layer finishing with the cheese. Cover and bake for 30 minutes, uncover and continue baking for 15 minutes more, or until the cheese is browned and the casserole is hot and bubbly. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
The Cooksosousme Santa Rosa, CA
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!